Friday, May 9, 2008

Day five

Friday, May 9

Today was the fifth day of my senior project.  I woke up at 8:00 AM.  Today was more a catch up day and gave me time to prepare for next week.  Patty Pond had taken lots of pictures of the BLT risotto yesterday when I cooked, so the first thing I did was went threw and edit all of the photographs.  I did this for about an hour and when I was done, I had a great picture a bowl of the risotto that captured all the elements of the dish.  When I was finished working with the photographs, it was around 9:00 AM and I switched directions and began writing up the BLT risotto recipe.  I focused of putting the recipe together for about an hour and at 10:00 AM took a break and treated my self to breakfast at Black Water with Ben.  From there we ventured off to Concord.  The task was to find beef ribs, which I will be cooking next week, but we had no luck.  Patty had told me that Shaws in Concord was the best market around, so I feeling like we might have luck, but it was not a success.  I went to two different Shaws and unfortuently neither of them had beef ribs.  A little disappointed by this time, we decided drive back to school threw Tilton because there a few more markets there.  To make a long story short, no butchers in this area carry beef ribs.  We went three more stores, Shaws, Market Basket, and Hannafords all in Tilton and still could find what we were looking for.  Feeling like or efforts were just for a lost cause; the ride back to school was not fun.  In my sulking state of mind, I called home to touch base and by the end of the conversation I had my mother assuring me that she would find beef ribs by the end of the day.  Sure enough fifteen minutes caller I get a call form mom telling me that the butcher at home would order beef ribs and I would be able to pick them up this weekend.  This was great.  My sudden feeling of wasted time was soon forgotten and the day ended well.

1 comment:

Michele Koenig said...

Hey Dave, try the Coop in Lebanon. Great meat and fish. You can call ahead and them how you want it cut. Definitely worth the 35-40 minute drive.