Monday, May 5, 2008

Day one

Monaday, May 5th

This was the first day of my project.  I knew that there was a lot to get together, so I woke up early.  I worked with my mom to plan out what I needed to bring from our kitchen at home to my test kitchen at Proctor.  It was clear that I would need almost everything, pots, pans, and dishes, ect.  It took about two hours to get all of my cooking supplies packed up and ready to go.  I was planed to meet with my project sponsor, Kathy Gunst, today, but unfortunately she had to cancel at the last minute.  Instead I used that time to create a grocery list for my next dish I’m going to make, burritos.  After this I drove back to school.  When I got to Proctor, it was time to do some work.  Since Ben doesn’t own anything to put in his kitchen, it was pretty easy to find room for all of my things, but for some reason it still took a while. Today was basically a maintenance day, getting my cooing supplies all organized and setting up my test kitchen so it will be ready to cook in.   

1 comment:

Proctor Sox Fan said...

Hi Dave- We missed you today at advisory. We were secretly hoping you would just show up with a surprise treat for us. We made breakfast sandwiches and Amanda took control of the grill! Maybe you can treat us to a new recipe next week during the last advisory of the year! I liked your first post, especially the line about plenty of room in Ben's apt. Let me know when I can come by and official taste test one of your creations. Have fun!