Sunday, May 11, 2008

Week One Reflection

Sunday, May 11th

            Today ended the first week of my senor project.  I felt the week went great and I am really having a fun time with it.  Even though it has only been week, I can tell that this project will go by fast.  I say this because even though I got a lot done this week, I still fell that there is quit a ways to go writing my cookbook. 

            The week started out with the reality of moving into my test kitchen in Ben’s apartment.  This took time and patience to get used to.  The kitchen stated out with nothing, but more and more each day the kitchen stared to come together.  My mom was big help in the process of converting a bar kitchen into something that was suitable to cook in.  She found a cooking supply store in Tilton, which is good to have on hand in case I ever need anything last minute. 

            There was a lot of goof cooking that went on this week.  I started the week off with my steak supreme burritos that took a long time to make, but were worth the time and efforts.  A later in the week Patty came over and we made BLT risotto, which was fun and came out extremely tasty.  The weekend was very beneficial.  For mothers day I made fried chicken, sweat noodles, and cheesy biscuits.  All of these dishes are recipes that I plan on using in the cookbook, so I feel that I am off to a good start coming out with five recipes from the first week. 

            This week should the same as last week, more of cooking and writing up recipes.  I think I am going to cook on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.  I will write on wends day because it is a short day and meet with my mentor on Monday to edit the recipes that I have already written.

No comments: