Sunday, May 18, 2008

Week Two Reflection

Sunday, May 18th

I was amazed with the amount of work I got done on my cookbook this week.  As of the weekend, I have sixteen dishes complete, but haven’t written up all the recipes yet.  I was cooking a lot this week.  I started off the week grilling some figure lickin’ good beef ribs, then changed directions a little bit and made stir fry, grilled pork chops, meatballs, crab cakes, and grilled lobster.  There so much going on both Ben’s and my kitchen at home, I felt like I was cleaning more than I was cooking.

I feel really good about were I am in the process of creating my own cookbook.  I am almost done cooking all of my dishes and predict that I will do cooking by Tuesday.  I would say the area that I need to devote most of time is writing up the recipes.  It’s not hard to write them, but the problem is that it takes a lot of time to complete a recipe.  I found the format I want to use for my cookbook, am exited to start putting it together.  I have taken so many pictures of each dish that I know that the cookbook will defiantly look good.

The coming week is the last week to on my senior project to finish everything up.  This means that even though it doesn’t seem that I have to do much, indeed I have a lot to get done. From now until Monday, I have to finish cooking all of my dishes, write up all of heir recipes, format the cookbook, and the publish it.  Every day is going to be extreamly busy, I am I just brassing myself for late nights.

No comments: